The economy of green cities [electronic resource] : a world compendium on the green urban economy
- Richard Simpson, Monika Zimmermann, editors.
- Dordrecht ; New York : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Local sustainability ; v.3.
- Part 1. Agenda Setting for the Urban Future with a Green Urban Economy
- Green Urban Economy: Agenda Setting for the Urban Future / Monika Zimmermann and Richard Simpson
- Part 2. Setting a Green Economy Agenda for Cities
- Introduction: A Green Economy for Green Cities / Richard Simpson
- New Urban Spaces: The Emergence of Green Economies / Kenneth K. Odero
- Environmental Discourse and Economic Growth in the Greening of Postindustrial Cities / Corina McKendry
- Sustainable Urban Transformation and the Green Urban Economy / Kes McCormick, Stefan Anderberg and Lena Neij
- Green Cities: Benefits of Urban Sustainability / Essam Hassan Mohamed Ahmed
- Working in Green Cities: Improving the Urban Environment While Creating Jobs and Enhancing Working Conditions / Edmundo Werna
- Sustainable Development for Cities and Citizens: Green Housing, Employment and Transport / Asif Kabani, Asif Kabani, Maliha A. Kabani and Maliha A. Kabani
- Cities and the Green Economy / Philipp Rode
- Green Cities into Practice / Vito Albino and Rosa Maria Dangelico
- Emerging-Market Cities Could Set a New Standard for Sustainable Development / Jonathan Woetzel, Shannon N. Bouton and Molly Lindsay.
- Part 3. Joining Forces to Accelerate Action
- Introduction: Joining Forces to Accelerate Action / Phoebe Stirling
- Accelerating Green Urban Growth / Bernd Hendriksen and Eric Copius Peereboom
- Linking Green City Politics with Green Business / Ulrich Mans and Sara Meerow
- Policy Instruments for Promoting a Green Urban Economy: The Changing Role of the State / Golam Rasul
- Local Sustainability: Driving Green Urban Economies Through Public Engagement / Rosalie Callway
- We Know Enough: Achieving Action Through the Convergence of Sustainable Community Development and the Social Economy / Sean Connelly, Sean Markey and Mark Roseland
- Seven Conditions for Effective Green Governance / Rula Taher Qalyoubi.
- Part 4. Strategies and Approaches for Greening Urban Economies
- Introduction: Strategies and Approaches to Greening Urban Sectors / Shay Kelleher
- The Economics of Low Carbon Cities: Approaches to a City-Scale Mini-Stern Review / Andy Gouldson, Niall Kerr, Corrado Topi, Johan Kuylenstierna and Richard Pearce
- City Development Strategies and the Transition Towards a Green Urban Economy / Le-Yin Zhang
- Low Carbon Enterprise Zones: Towards a Fossil Fuel Free City Economy / Philip Monaghan
- Green Clusters and the Entrepreneurial Local Government: Portland's Economic Development Strategy / Shay Kelleher and Art von Lehe
- Green Cities Require Green Housing: Advancing the Economic and Environmental Sustainability of Housing and Slum Upgrading in Cities in Developing Countries / Matthew A. French and Christophe Lalande
- EcoMobility and Its Benefits in an Urban Context / Santhosh Kodukula
- Assessing the Cost of Groundwater Degradation in the Urbanizing Desert Area of Wadi El Natrun / Caroline King and Boshra Salem
- Constructed Wetlands for the Treatment of Domestic Grey Water: An Instrument of the Green Economy to Realize the Millennium Development Goals / Gopalsamy Poyyamoli, Golda Arpudhalin Edwin and Nandhivarman Muthu
- Decentralized Composting in Asian Cities: Lessons Learned and Future Potential in Meeting the Green Urban Economy / Dickella Gamaralalage Jagath Premakumara
- Biodiversity and Culture, Two Key Ingredients for a Truly Green Urban Economy: Learning from Agriculture and Forestry Policies in Kanazawa City, Japan / Raquel Moreno-Peñaranda
- An Economic Assessment of the Deforestation of Ghana's Garden City of West Africa / Jonathan Dagadu Quartey
- Financing a Green Urban Economy: The Potential of the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) / Maike Sippel and Axel Michaelowa.
- Part 5. Experiences and Examples from City Governments
- Introduction: Experiences and Examples from City Governments / Steven Bland
- Synergies Between Environment and Economy Within a City Administration - Experiences Made by the City of Hannover, Germany / Hans Mönninghoff
- Auckland Council: Creating a Transformational Shift Towards a Sustainable Eco-Economy / Paul Chambers and Andrew Walters
- Sustainable Urban Development Policy in the Region of Flanders / Jan De Mulder
- Greening the Local Economy Through Municipal Sustainable Procurement Policies: Implementation Challenges and Successes in Western Canada / Andrew Kemp and Amelia Clarke
- City of Raleigh Office of Sustainability: Green Building Training Program / Lynn Graham, Emily Steele, Anna Leonard, Jen Baker and Julian Prosser
- Changing to a Sustainable Socio-Economic System: A Challenge for Kyoto as a Historic City / Makoto Ueda.
- Publication date
- Local sustainability, 2211-2782 ; v.3
- Includes index.
- 9789400719699 (electronic bk.)
- 9400719698 (electronic bk.)