Biologically responsive biomaterials for tissue engineering [electronic resource]
- New York, NY : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : ill.
- Springer series in biomaterials science and engineering ; v. 1.
- Antoniac, Iulian.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Scaffold Design for Bone Tissue Engineering: From Micrometric to Nanometric Level / Vincenzo Guarino, Maria Grazia Raucci, Marco A. Alvarez-Perez, Valentina Cirillo and Alfredo Ronca, et al.
- Molecular Scissors: From Biomaterials Implant to Tissue Remodeling / Tudor Petreus, Iulian Antoniac, Paul Sirbu and Carmen Elena Cotrutz
- Synthetic Morphogens and Pro-morphogens for Aided Tissue Regeneration / Matteo Santin
- The Role of Oxidative Stress in the Response of Endothelial Cells to Metals / Roman Tsaryk, Kirsten Peters, Ronald E. Unger, Dieter Scharnweber and C. James Kirkpatrick
- Comparative Properties of Ethyl, n-Butyl, and n-Octyl Cyanoacrylate Bioadhesives Intended for Wound Closure / Ana María Villarreal-Gómez, Rafael Torregrosa-Coque and José Miguel Martín-Martínez
- Development of Bioabsorbable Interference Screws: How Biomaterials Composition and Clinical and Retrieval Studies Influence the Innovative Screw Design and Manufacturing Processes / Iulian Antoniac, Dan Laptoiu, Diana Popescu, Cosmin Cotrut and Radu Parpala
- Modeling and Numerical Analysis of a Cervical Spine Unit / Mirela Toth-Tascau and Dan Ioan Stoia
- Carbon Nanotubes in Acrylic Bone Cement / Nicholas Dunne, Ross Ormsby and Christina A. Mitchell
- Exploring the Future of Hydrogels in Rapid Prototyping: A Review on Current Trends and Limitations / Thomas Billiet, Mieke Vandenhaute, Jorg Schelfhout, Sandra Van Vlierberghe and Peter Dubruel.
- Publisher's Summary
- Developments in the area of biomaterials, bionanotechnology, tissue engineering, and medical devices are becoming the core of health care. Almost all medical specialties involve the use of biomaterials, and research plays a key role in the development of new and improved treatment modalities. This volume focuses on several current trends in tissue engineering, remodelling and regeneration. Leading researchers describe the use of nanomaterials to create new functionalities when interfaced with biological molecules or structures. In addition to coverage of basic science and engineering aspects, a range of applications in bionanotechnology are presented, including diagnostic devices, contrast agents, analytical tools, physical therapy applications, and vehicles for targeted drug delivery. The use of polymers, alloys, and composites, or a combination of these, for biomaterials applications in orthopaedics is also explored. These contributions represent essential reading for the biomaterials and biomedical engineering communities, and can serve as instructional course lectures targeted at graduate and post-graduate students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Iulian Antoniac, editor.
- Springer series in biomaterials science and engineering, 2195-0644 ; v. 1
- Available in another form
- Print version: 9781283697101
- 9781461443285 (electronic bk.)
- 1461443288 (electronic bk.)
- 9781283697101 (MyiLibrary)
- 1283697106 (MyiLibrary)