Biodiversity and evolutionary ecology of extinct organisms [electronic resource]
- Rituparna Bose.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Springer theses.
- Bose, Rituparna.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- A Geometric Morphometric Approach in Assessing Paleontological Problems in Atrypid Taxonomy, Phylogeny, Evolution and Ecology
- Testing the Taxonomy and Phylogeny of Eastern North American Atrypid Brachiopods: A Geometric Morphometric Approach
- Morphological Evolution in an Atrypid Brachiopod Lineage from the Middle Devonian Traverse Group of Michigan, USA: A Geometric Morphometric Approach
- Morphological Shape, Episkeletobiont Analysis, and Life Orientation Study in Pseudoatrypa cf. lineata (Brachiopoda) from the Lower Genshaw Formation of the Middle Devonian Traverse Group, Michigan: A Geometric Morphometric Approach
- Success of Geometric Morphometrics in Deducing Morphological Shape Change Patterns in Paleozoic Atrypids.
- Publisher's Summary
- Increasing rate of species extinction in the present day will lead to a huge biodiversity crisis; eventually, this will lead to the paucity of non-renewable resources of energy making our Earth unsustainable in future. To save our mother planet from this crisis, studies need to be performed to discover abundant new fossil sites on Earth for continued access to oil-rich locations. Most importantly, a holistic approach is necessary in solving the present problem of biodiversity loss. This book presents newly developed quantitative models in understanding the biodiversity, evolution and ecology of extinct organisms. This will assist future earth scientists in understanding the natural and anthropogenic causes behind biodiversity crisis and ecosystem collapse. In addition, this study would be of great interest to exploration geologists and geophysicists in potentially unraveling natural resources from our sustainable Earth.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Springer theses, 2190-5053
- "Doctoral thesis accepted by Indiana University, Bloomington, United States of America."--t.p.
- Thesis (PhD.)-- Indiana University.
- Available in another form
- Print version: ( 9781283631518 )
- 9783642317217 (electronic bk.)
- 3642317219 (electronic bk.)
- 9781283631518 (MyiLibrary)
- 1283631512 (MyiLibrary)