Energy optimization in process systems and fuel cells [electronic resource]
- by Stanislaw Sieniutycz, Jacek Jezowski.
- 2nd ed.
- Oxford : Elsevier, 2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Publisher's Summary
- Energy Optimization in Process Systems and Fuel Cells, Second Edition covers the optimization and integration of energy systems, with a particular focus on fuel cell technology. With rising energy prices, imminent energy shortages, and increasing environmental impacts of energy production, energy optimization and systems integration is critically important. The book applies thermodynamics, kinetics and economics to study the effect of equipment size, environmental parameters, and economic factors on optimal power production and heat integration. Author Stanislaw Sieniutycz, highly recognized for his expertise and teaching, shows how costs can be substantially reduced, particularly in utilities common in the chemical industry. This second edition contains substantial revisions, with particular focus on the rapid progress in the field of fuel cells, related energy theory, and recent advances in the optimization and control of fuel cell systems. It covers new information on fuel cell theory, combined with the theory of flow energy systems, broadens the scope and usefulness of the book. It discusses engineering applications including power generation, resource upgrading, radiation conversion, and chemical transformation in static and dynamic systems. It contains practical applications of optimization methods that help solve the problems of power maximization and optimal use of energy and resources in chemical, mechanical, and environmental engineering.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080982212 20160610
- Publication date
- Previous ed.: 2009.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Sieniutycz, Stanislaw. Energy optimization in process systems and fuel cells. 2nd ed. Oxford : Elsevier, 2013 ( 9780080982212 )
- 9780080982212 (electronic bk.)
- 0080982212 (electronic bk.)
- 9780080982274 (electronic bk.)
- 0080982271 (electronic bk.)
- 9781299160149 (MyiLibrary)
- 129916014X (MyiLibrary)