- Mark M. Meerschaert.
- 4th ed.
- Waltham, MA : Academic Press/Elsevier, 2013.
- Physical description
- xii, 365 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA401 .M48 2013||Unknown|
- Meerschaert, Mark M., 1955-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Optimization models. One-Variable Optimization ; Multivariable Optimization ; Computational Methods for Optimization.
- Dynamic models. Introduction to Dynamic Models ; Analysis of Dynamic Models ; Simulation of Dynamic Models.
- Probability models. Introduction to Probability Models ; Stochastic Models ; Simulation of Probability Models.
- Publisher's Summary
- The new edition of Mathematical Modeling, the survey text of choice for mathematical modeling courses, adds ample instructor support and online delivery for solutions manuals and software ancillaries. From genetic engineering to hurricane prediction, mathematical models guide much of the decision making in our society. If the assumptions and methods underlying the modeling are flawed, the outcome can be disastrously poor. With mathematical modeling growing rapidly in so many scientific and technical disciplines, Mathematical Modeling, Fourth Edition provides a rigorous treatment of the subject. The book explores a range of approaches including optimization models, dynamic models and probability models. It offers increased support for instructors, including MATLAB material as well as other on-line resources. It features new sections on time series analysis and diffusion models. It provides additional problems with international focus such as whale and dolphin populations, plus updated optimization problems.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780123869128 20160611
- Mathematical models.
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: