The revolution of Evelyn Serrano
- Sonia Manzano.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Scholastic, 2012.
- Physical description
- 205 p. ; 22 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PS3613 .A587 R48 2012||Unknown|
- Manzano, Sonia.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- It is 1969 in Spanish Harlem, and fourteen-year-old Evelyn Serrano is trying hard to break free from her conservative Puerto Rican surroundings, but when her activist grandmother comes to stay and the neighborhood protests start, things get a lot more complicated--and dangerous.
- Puerto Rican families > Juvenile fiction.
- Puerto Ricans > New York (State) > New York > Juvenile fiction.
- Grandmothers > Juvenile fiction.
- Grandparent and child > Juvenile fiction.
- Identity (Psychology) > Juvenile fiction.
- Protest movements > New York (State) > New York > Juvenile fiction.
- East Harlem (New York, N.Y.) > Juvenile fiction.
- New York (N.Y.) > History > Juvenile fiction.
- Puerto Ricans > New York (State) > New York > Fiction.
- Family life > New York (State) > Harlem > Fiction.
- Grandmothers > Fiction.
- Identity > Fiction.
- Protest movements > Fiction.
- East Harlem (New York, N.Y.) > History > 20th century > Fiction.
- New York (N.Y.) > History > 20th century > Fiction.
- Historical fiction.
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: