Growing resistance : Canadian farmers and the politics of genetically modified wheat
- Emily Eaton.
- Winnipeg, MB : University of Manitoba Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xviii, 187 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|SB191 .W5 E28 2013||Unknown|
- Eaton, Emily, 1980-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -177) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- "Growing Resistance "is the remarkable story of how Canadian farmers led an international coalition to a major victory for the anti-GM movement by defeating the introduction of Monsanto's genetically modified wheat. Through interviews with producers, industry organizations, and biochemical companies, Emily Eaton demonstrates how the inclusion of producer interests was integral to the coalition's success in voicing concerns about environmental implications, international market opposition to GMOs, and the lack of transparency and democracy in Canadian biotech policy and regulation.""Growing Resistance ""is a fascinating study of the need to balance local and global concerns in activist movements and of the powerful forces vying for control of food production.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780887557446 20160611
- Publication date
- Issued also in electronic formats.
- 9780887557446 (pbk.)
- 0887557449 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: