Household products database [electronic resource] : health & safety information on household products
- Specialized Information Services, National Library of Medicine.
- Bethesda, MD : Specialized Information Services, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Dept. of Health & Human Services.
- "The Household Products Database 'links over 4,000 consumer brands to health effects from Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) provided by the manufacturers.' A consumer or scientist can search or browse by product name, chemical, or MSDS. Household products included are those usually found under the kitchen and bathroom sinks such as Comet Cleanser with Chlorinol and SOS Steel Wool Pads. A search of the Comet brand name retrieves all products containing that brand name. Records for each product contain a physical description of the product, its purpose, the manufacturer with address and telephone numbers, health effects, safe handling and disposal information, and ingredients from the product's label and/or Material Safety Data Sheets. One especially nice feature is the ability to highlight a word or phrase on the product information page and generate an automatic search of TOXNET (http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/) simply by clicking on the button provided. This is a valuable resource for both consumers and scientists who need to quickly find contents, health effects, or safe handling instructions for common household products"--Reviewed Mar. 20, 2004, "Best Free Reference Web Sites 2004, " RUSA Quarterly, Fall 2004. Comp. by the MARS Best Free Websites Committee, RUSA, ALA.
- Product safety.
- Household supplies > Toxicology.
- Home accidents > Prevention.
- Hazardous substances > Health aspects.
- Household Products > adverse effects > United States > Database.
- Consumer Product Safety > United States > Database.
- Household Products > standards > United States > Database.
- Household products, safety, databases
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Health & safety information on household products
- Health and safety information on household products
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2003?
- Title from home page last updated May 12, 2004 (viewed Dec. 3, 2004).
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.