The rock 'n' roll classroom : using music to manage mood, energy, and learning
- Allen, Richard, 1957 September 28-
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2013.
- Physical description
- xiv, 293 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
MT1 .A48 2013
- Unknown MT1 .A48 2013
- Wood, W. W. (Willy Wray), 1957-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 273-284) and index.
- Foreword Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. Music: A Powerful Teaching Tool 2. So Happy Together: Using Feel-Good Music to Manage Student Mood 3. Calming The Restless Natives: Using Music to Reduce Excess Energy and Stress 4. They Like to Move It (So Let Them): Using Pump-Up Music to Energize Students 5. Music to Work To: Using Background Music to Increase Focus on Individual Work 6. Come Together (Over Music): Using Background Music to Facilitate Group Activities 7. Learn It Through a Song and Remember It Forever: Using Music to Create Robust Memory of Content 8. Your Magical, Musical Bag of Tricks: Fun and Effective Management Strategies Using Music 9. Putting It All Together: Policies and Procedures, Hardware and Software, Planning and Implementation Appendices References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Picture this: a room full of boisterous students suddenly calms. A sluggish afternoon math or language arts lesson turns dynamic. Music pours from an inexpensive MP3 player, and you maintain control of your classroom without a word. Drawing on both educational and neuroscientific research, Rich Allen and W.W. Wood unlock the mystery of managing mood, energy, and learning with music in this fascinating, one-of-a-kind handbook. No matter what subject or grade you teach, The Rock n' Roll Classroom provides all the notes you'll need to shake up your classroom, including: Playlists customized for specific purposes like reducing stress or increasing focus Tips and tricks for accessing all your tunes easily and inexpensively Anecdotes from teachers about how they use music to manage everyday situations Sample lessons for across all grade levels Get ready to tune in to this brain-compatible learning method, engage each and every one of your students, improve the power of your instruction, boost test scores and creativity, and turn on the power of music in your classroom!.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Rich Allen, W.W. Wood.
- Title Variation
- Rock and roll classroom
- 9781412999762 (pbk.)
- 1412999766 (pbk.)