University teaching in focus : a learning-centred approach
- edited by Lynne Hunt and Denise Chalmers.
- 1st ed.
- Camberwell, Vic., Australia : ACER Press ; Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- xxii, 330 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2331 .U775 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 282-323) and index.
- PART 1 Focus on Teaching 1. Understanding Learning: theories and critique 2. Effective Classroom Teaching 3. Discipline-based Teaching 4. Teaching Graduate Attributes and Academic Skills 5. Using Effective Assessment to Promote Learning PART 2 Focus on Curriculum 6. Designing Subjects for Learning: Practical research- based principles and guidelines 7. Designing Online and Blended Learning 8. Research-Led or Research-based Undergraduate Curricula? 9. Problem-based lLarning 10. Authentic Work Integrated Learning PART 3 Focus on Students 11. Inclusive Teaching 12. Teaching International Students 13. Indigenous Knowers and Knowledge in University Teaching Part 4 Focus on Quality and Leadership 14. A Quality Approach to University Teaching 15. Scholarship of Teaching and Learning 16. Leadership in Teaching.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415644068 20160611
- Publisher's Summary
- University Teaching in Focus provides a foundational springboard for early career academics preparing to teach in universities. Focusing on four critical areas - teaching, curriculum, students, and quality/leadership - this succinct resource offers university teachers a straightforward approach to facilitating effective student learning. The book empowers university teachers and contributes to their career success by developing teaching skills, strategies, and knowledge, as well as linking theory to practice. Written in a clear and accessible style by internationally acclaimed experts, topics include: learning theories, assessment, discipline-based teaching, curriculum design, problem-based and work-integrated learning, effective classroom teaching, and flexible modes of delivery. The needs of diverse student groups are explored and the scholarship of teaching and learning is addressed within a quality and leadership framework. The book also makes reference to seminal works and current resources. Real-world cases illuminate the theoretical content and 'Your Thoughts' sections encourage reflection and adaptation to local contexts. University Teaching in Focus explores ways that teachers can effectively engage students in life-long learning, extending their capacity to solve problems, to enter the workforce, to understand their discipline, and to interact positively with others in a global community throughout their professional lives.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415644068 20160611
- Publication date
- 9780415644068 (pbk.)
- 0415644062 (pbk.)
- 9780415644051 (hbk.)
- 0415644054 (hbk.)
- 9780203079690 (ebk.)
- 0203079698 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: