Innovation, entrepreneurship, geography and growth [electronic resource]
- edited by Philip McCann and Les Oxley.
- Chichester, West Sussex ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (200 p.) : ill., col. maps.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Notes on Contributors vii 1. Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Geography and Growth 1 Philip McCann and Les Oxley 2. Theories of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the Business Cycle 5 Simon C. Parker 3. The Transatlantic Productivity Gap: A Survey of the Main Causes 25 Raquel Ortega-Argiles 4. A Survey of the Innovation Surveys 53 Shangqin Hong, Les Oxley and Philip McCann 5. Knowledge Dynamics, Structural Change and the Geography of Business Services 79 Tommaso Ciarli, Valentina Meliciani and Maria Savona 6. Multilevel Approaches and the Firm-Agglomeration Ambiguity in Economic Growth Studies 105 Frank G. van Oort, Martijn J. Burger, Joris Knoben and Otto Raspe 7. A Relational Approach to the Geography of Innovation: A Typology of Regions 131 Rosina Moreno and Ernest Miguelez 8. An 'Integrated' Framework for the Comparative Analysis of the Territorial Innovation Dynamics of Developed and Emerging Countries 159 Riccardo Crescenzi and Andres Rodr'yguez-Pose 9. Regional Innovation Systems within a Transitional Context: Evolutionary Comparison of the Electronics Industry in Shenzhen and Dongguan Since the Opening of China 177 Wenying Fu, Javier Revilla Diez and Daniel Schiller Index 197.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Geography and Growth provides a timely, accessible review of our understanding of the complex links between innovation, entrepreneurship, geography and growth. Expert contributions provide a thorough roadmap of the developments in research at the interface of these themes. A timely and accessible review of our understanding of the complex links between innovation, entrepreneurship, geography and growth A highly comprehensive roadmap of the range of issues addressed by research in these areas Discusses the most profitable ways forward for enhancing our understanding of arising issues Contributions from leading experts in the field take a variety of theoretical, empirical and institutional angles.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Technological innovations.
- Economic geography.
- Small business > Growth.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Development / Business Development.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Development / Economic Development.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Development / General.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Government & Business.
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Structural Adjustment.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE / Public Policy / Economic Policy.
- Publication date
- "Originally published as a special issue of the Journal of economic surveys (volume 26, Issue 3)."
- Available in another form
- Print version: Innovation, entrepreneurship, geography, and growth Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, 2013 9781118427286 (DLC) 2012032711
- 9781118427248 (electronic bk.)
- 1118427246 (electronic bk.)
- 9781118427279 (electronic bk.)
- 1118427270 (electronic bk.)
- 9781118427262 (electronic bk.)
- 1118427262 (electronic bk.)
- 9781118427286 (pbk.)