Foundations of computational mathematics, Budapest 2011
- [edited by] Felipe Cucker ... [et al.].
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- x, 238 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- London Mathematical Society lecture note series ; 403.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface-- List of contributors-- 1. The state of the art in Smale's 7th problem C. Beltran-- 2. The shape of data Gunnar Carlsson-- 3. Upwinding in finite element systems of differential forms S. H. Christiansen-- 4. On the complexity of computing quadrature formulas for SDEs S. Dereich, T. Muller-Gronbach and K. Ritter-- 5. The quantum walk of F. Riesz F. A. Grunbaum and L. Velazquez-- 6. Modulated Fourier expansions for continuous and discrete oscillatory systems E. Hairer and Ch. Lubich-- 7. The dual role of convection in 3D Navier-Stokes equations T. Y. Hou, Z. Shi and S. Wang-- 8. Algebraic and differential invariants Evelyne Hubert-- 9. Through the kaleidoscope: symmetries, groups and Chebyshev-approximations from a computational point of view H. Munthe-Kaas, M. Nome and B. N. Ryland-- 10. Sage: creating a viable free open source alternative to Magma, Maple, Mathematica and MATLAB W. Stein.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Foundations of Computational Mathematics meetings are a platform for cross-fertilisation between numerical analysis, mathematics and computer science. This volume is a collection of articles based on plenary presentations, given at the 2011 meeting, by some of the world's foremost authorities in computational mathematics. The topics covered reflect the breadth of research within the area as well as the richness of interactions between seemingly unrelated branches of pure and applied mathematics. As a result this volume will be of interest to researchers in the field of computational mathematics and also to non-experts who wish to gain some insight into the state of the art in this active and significant field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- London Mathematical Society lecture note series ; 403
- "A collection of articles based on the plenary talks presented at FoCM 2011"--Pref.