Beyond data protection : strategic case studies and practical guidance
- Noriswadi Ismail, Edwin Lee Yong Cieh, editors.
- Heidelberg ; London : Springer, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- ix, 271 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|K3264 .C65 B4985 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction / Noriswadi Ismail
- Personal data protection and privacy law in Malaysia / Edwin Lee Yong Cieh
- Personal Data Protection Act 2010 : an overview analysis / Edwin Lee Yong Cieh
- Limitations of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and personal data protection in selected sectors / Edwin Lee Yong Cieh
- Technology and "actors" in data protection / Noriswadi Ismail
- Selected technologies' appraisal from the PDPA's lens / Noriswadi Ismail
- Acclaiming accountability : preaching best practices / Noriswadi Ismail
- The scope of application of EU data protection law and its extraterritorial reach / Eduardo Ustaran
- Information security in the Internet age / Eva Rose Rahim
- Data protection and local authorities in the United Kingdom / Indirani Viknaraja
- Data protection environment : the European experience : case law / Dan Manolescu
- Data protection audit : the German experience / Philipp E. Fischer
- Concluding remarks / Noriswadi Ismail and Edwin Lee Yong Cieh.
- Publisher's Summary
- aiaiThis proposed work is practically for practitioners and readers who may want to appreciate data protection issues from practical viewpoints. 30% of the contents focuses on the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 progress, whilst 70% of the contents focuses on leading comparative practical guidance from Europe and America. The approach of this proposed work is handy and readable, supplemented by practical applications, illustrations, frequently asked questions and graphical illustrations (tables and diagrams). This will be the first practitioners-based book that comparatively combines Asia-Europe-America's practical data protection issues. The examples highlighted in this work range from technological convergence (cloud computing, radio frequency identification technology), social media networks, information security and to basic related aspects of data protection principles in businesses and daily life.ai.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642330803 20160610
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9783642330803 (hbk.)
- 3642330800 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: