Microeconomic contributions to strategic management
- edited by Jaques Thépot, Raymond-Alain Thiétart.
- Amsterdam ; New York : North-Holland : Distributors for the United States and Canada, Elsevier Science Pub. Co., 1991.
- Physical description
- x, 233 p. : ill ; 23 cm.
- Advanced series in management ; v. 16.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction: Microeconomic-Strategic Management Interfaces (J. Thepot, R.-A. Thietart). Strategic Economics. A Duopoly Model Suggesting a Taxonomy of Competitive Situations (G. Demange, J. Ponssard). Brand Loyalty and Advertising: A Note (D. Neven, J.-F. Thisse). Cost Reducing Strategies with Spillovers (R. De Bondt). Barriers to Entry and Strategic Marketing Investments (J.K. Karlsen, K. Gronhaug). Dynamic Diversification and Learning Effects (J. Thepot). Multimarket Competition: Entry Strategies and Entry Deterrence when the Entrant has a Home Market (M. Van Wegberg, A. Van Witteloostuijn). Organizational Economics. The Dynamics of Power and Control: A Case Study of Bull (R.-A. Thietart). Vertical Integration: Why Transaction Cost and Resource Dependence Can't Be Easily Separated (G.A. Krickx). Inter Firm Alliances: The Role of Trust (C. Koenig, G. Van Wijk). Strategic Management and Vertical Disintegration: A Transaction Cost Approach (C. Boone, A. Verbeke). Organizational Choice and Entry Deterrence (G. Hendrikse). Top Management Incentives from Bonuses and from Labour Markets (H.G. Barkema).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780444890825 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Contributions in strategy have frequently been grounded upon managers and business consultants experiences. However, these experiences are limited in scope and are ad-hoc responses to more intricate problems. In the last decade, with the emergence of industrial organization successful efforts have been made to root strategic issues in more systematic approaches and stronger concepts. The present book includes the most recent contributions of microeconomics to strategic management. It encompasses topics such as: strategic alliances and cooperations, innovation, vertical integration, entry strategy, quality & price competition. Each chapter is an original contribution, written by a leading scholar of the field. In addition, to appeal to a broader readership, the contributors have adapted the style and the presentation to non-academic people.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780444890825 20160528
- Publication date
- Advanced series in management ; v. 16
Browse related items
Start at call number: