Corporate and industry strategies for Europe : adaptations to the European single market in a global industrial environment
- edited by Lars-Gunnar Mattsson and Bengt Stymne.
- Amsterdam ; New York : North-Holland Pub. Co. ; New York, N.Y. : Distributors for the U.S. and Canada, Elsevier Science Pub. Co., 1991.
- Physical description
- viii, 380 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
- Advanced series in management ; v. 15.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction. Adapting to the European Single Market: An Overview (R. Vernon). Adaptation to the European Single Market at Government, Industry and Corporate Levels (L.-G. Mattsson and B. Stymne). National Level Adaptation: Competitiveness of Nations? Adaptation to International Competition and the Internal European Market: The Case of Norway, a Small Ground-Rent-Based Welfare Economy (A. Midttun). Governments, Economic Organisation and International Competitiveness (J.H. Dunning). Comparative Advantage Strategies for Swedish Industry Facing the 1990s (L. Ohlsson). Large Firms in Western Europe's Technological Competitiveness (P. Patel and K. Pavitt). International R&D Races: Theory and Evidence (F.M. Scherer). The International Firm: A Vehicle for Overcoming Barriers to Trade and a Global Intelligence Organization Diffusing the Notion of a Nation (G. Eliasson). Industry Level Adaptation: Competitiveness of Regions? From Production to Global Players: Corporate Strategy and the European Auto Industry (D.T. Jones). Technology and Strategy in a Hi-Tech Industry: Reflections on the Past and Future of the Two European Telecom Companies (T. Durand and B. Stymne). Corporate Level Adaptation: Competitiveness of Firms? Strategic Management as a Dialectic Process (O. Brandes and S. Brege). R&D Based Cooperative Ventures (L. H&oring--kanson and P. Lorange). Strategic Adaptation of Firms to the European Single Market: A Network Approach (J. Johanson and L.-G. Mattsson). The International Expansion of Spanish Firms: Towards an Integrative Framework for International Strategy (J.C. Jarillo and J.I. Martinez). Partnerships in Europe: The "Soft Restructuing" Option? (Y. Doz). Corporate Strategies in Nordic Firms Facing Europe - Acquisitions and other Collaborative Strategies (B. Hellgren and L. Melin). European Myopia (Orjan Solvell and I. Zander).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This book deals with strategic adaptations at corporate, industry and government levels to the development of the Single European Market. The underlying theme is that internalization processes concerning industrial activities, especially those of the already large international corporations both influence and are influenced by the European Community development. The major issues treated against this background are industrial competitiveness, industrial restructuring, R&D activities, cooperation between firms and the role of the European based activities in a global context.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Advanced series in management ; v. 15
Browse related items
Start at call number: