Leading at the strategic level in an uncertain world
- by James W. Browning.
- Washington, D.C. : Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, National Defense University, 2013.
- Physical description
- xix, 545 p. : illustrations ; 25 cm
At the library
|U411 .B76 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Section I: Defining strategic leadership. What is strategic leadership?
- A strategic leadership model
- Section II: The strategic leader---key interface between the organization's external and internal environments. Strategic leader readiness---personal dimensions, part I
- Strategic leader readiness---personal dimensions, part II
- Environmental dynamics
- A strategic leader competency---leveraging power and politics
- Section III: Strategy to action---strategic leader work. Building and leading a strategic leadership team
- Decisionmaking at the strategic level
- Strategic negotiations---a strategic leader decisionmaking competency
- Strategic communication---a strategy execution imperative
- Section IV: Preparing the organization for success. Organizational climate and culture : strategic determiners, part I---shaping organizational climate and culture
- Organizational climate and culture : strategic determiners, part II---building ethical and innovation climates and cultures
- Leading and managing transformational change
- Leading strategically in a crisis situation
- Management requirements of a strategic leader
- Four key reasons why strategic leaders fail.
- ["The fundamental nature of a leader's work changes at the strategic level. Leaders currently working as strategic leaders or those aspiring to become strategic leaders must gain a fine appreciation for the effort and skills required at the strategic level. Moreover, they need to develop and hone their personal dimensions (including conceptual, social, and behavioral capacities; individual traits, attitudes and characteristics; and technical skills and business acumen), and acquire the new knowledge essential for success at the strategic level. This book is intended to help develop strategic leaders in each of these personal dimensions."]
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: