Business model generation : a handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers
- written by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur ; design, Alan Smith ; editor and contributing co-author, Tim Clark ; production, Patrick van der Pijl ; co-created by an amazing crowd of 470 practitioners from 45 countries.
- Hoboken, NJ : Wiley, c2010.
- Physical description
- 278 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 19 x 24 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
On reserve: Ask at circulation desk
|HD30.28 .O778 2010|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 1 Canvas 14 Definition of a Business Model 16 The 9 Building Blocks 44 The Business Model Canvas 2 Patterns 56 Unbundling Business Models 66 The Long Tail 76 Multi-Sided Platforms 88 FREE as a Business Model 108 Open Business Models 3 Design 126 Customer Insights 134 Ideation 146 Visual Thinking 160 Prototyping 170 Storytelling 180 Scenarios 4 Strategy 200 Business Model Environment 212 Evaluating Business Models 226 Business Model Perspective on Blue Ocean Strategy 232 Managing Multiple Business Models 5 Process 244 Business Model Design Process Outlook 262 Outlook Afterword 274 Where did this book come from? 276 References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470876411 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- Business Model Generation is a handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers striving to defy outmoded business models and design tomorrow's enterprises. If your organization needs to adapt to harsh new realities, but you don't yet have a strategy that will get you out in front of your competitors, you need Business Model Generation. Co-created by 470 "Business Model Canvas" practitioners from 45 countries, the book features a beautiful, highly visual, 4-color design that takes powerful strategic ideas and tools, and makes them easy to implement in your organization. It explains the most common Business Model patterns, based on concepts from leading business thinkers, and helps you reinterpret them for your own context. You will learn how to systematically understand, design, and implement a game-changing business model--or analyze and renovate an old one. Along the way, you'll understand at a much deeper level your customers, distribution channels, partners, revenue streams, costs, and your core value proposition. Business Model Generation features practical innovation techniques used today by leading consultants and companies worldwide, including 3M, Ericsson, Capgemini, Deloitte, and others. Designed for doers, it is for those ready to abandon outmoded thinking and embrace new models of value creation: for executives, consultants, entrepreneurs, and leaders of all organizations. If you're ready to change the rules, you belong to "the business model generation!".
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470876411 20160605
- Publication date
- 9780470876411 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0470876417 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: