Investing in a sustainable world : why GREEN is the new color of money on Wall Street
- Matthew J. Kiernan.
- New York : AMACOM, c2009.
- Physical description
- xx, 300 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
At the library
|HG4521 .K54 2009||Unknown|
- Kiernan, Matthew J.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 283-285) and index.
- Changing Finance and Financing Change:
- The Genesis of This Book
- Welcome to the Sustainable Investment Revolution!
- What's Taken Us So Long?: The Power of Intellectual and -Organizational Inertia
- Perverse Outcomes and Lost Opportunities
- But What Does the Evidence Really Say?
- Toward a New Postmodern, Sustainable Portfolio Theory
- Why Does it All Matter, Anyway?: The State of the World
- Sustainability and Competitive Advantage: The New
- Corporate Imperative-and Some Success Stories
- The Game-Changers. Part I: Collective Initiatives
- The Game-Changers. Part II: The Individual
- Owners of Capital
- 10 The Game-Changers. Part III: The Service
- 11 Making It Happen
- 12 Some Final Thoughts
- Appendices: How It's Actually Done.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
For business and investors, there's no doubt about it: The smart money is going green...and the growing movement toward ecologically forward-thinking companies is quickly becoming bigger and bigger. What may be surprising to some is that socially responsible organizations aren't just doing the right thing for the environment, they are also paying off financially, making their investors money and increasing the bottom line.Investing in a Sustainable World offers clear proof, through facts, figures, and hard documentation, that "going green" leads directly to better stock market performance...and that in ves tors and companies who ignore it will, in fact, lose money. The book reveals the most powerful global mega - trends-from the ongoing focus on emerging markets to natural resource depletion-which are transforming the very basis on which companies will compete, and offers an approach to sustainability-enhanced investing beneficial to both investors and companies.Revolutionary and backed by undeniable statistics, this book shows the clear link between sustainability initiatives and clear-cut profitability.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: