An introduction to survey research, polling, and data analysis
- Weisberg, Herbert F.
- 3rd ed.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, c1996.
- Physical description
- xiv, 394 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
HN29 .W3994 1996
- Unknown HN29 .W3994 1996
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction PART ONE: SURVEY DESIGN The Nature of Survey Research The Survey Process Sampling Procedures Questionnaire Construction The Data Collection Stage Coding Practices Designing a Survey PART TWO: DATA ANALYSIS The Process of Data Analysis Single-Variable Statistics Statistical Inference for Means Two-Variable Tables Measures of Association Control Tables Correlation and Regression PART THREE: SURVEY GUIDELINES Writing Survey Reports Evaluating Surveys The Ethics of Polls.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book describes how surveys are conducted in such a way that they can be believed, explains how to read statistical reports and analyze data and provides guidelines that are useful in evaluating polls. Using examples from contemporary large surveys and polls, as well as from the media, the authors stress the importance of understanding tables thoroughly before moving to interval statistics. In addition, they cover: the design of surveys; the steps for sampling and question writing; interviewing and coding strategies; survey analysis from frequency distributions and cross-tabulations through to control tables and correlation//regression; the ethics of survey research; and how to read and write reports of survey research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Herbert F. Weisberg, Jon A. Krosnick, Bruce D. Bowen.
- Rev. ed. of: An introduction to survey research and data analysis / Herbert F. Weisberg, Jon A. Krosnick, Bruce D. Bowen. 2nd ed. c1989.
- Related Work
- Weisberg, Herbert F. Introduction to survey research and data analysis.
- 0803974019 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- 0803974027 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 9780803974012 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- 9780803974029 (pbk. : acid-free paper)