Public relations : contemporary issues and techniques
- Paul Baines, John Egan, Frank Jefkins.
- Oxford ; Boston : Elsevier/Butterworth-Heinemann, 2004.
- Physical description
- xvii, 431 p. : ill ; 25 cm.
|HD59 .B333 2004||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -420) and index.
- Foreword-- Preface-- About the authors-- Acknowledgements-- Defining public relations-- Interview with Kevin Moloney-- Public relations planning and management-- Interview with Marie Owens-- Managing Media Relations-- Interview with Sir Bernhard Ingham-- Communication media-- Interview with Richard Quest-- Specialist public relations areas-- Interview with Dianne Thompson-- Appendices-- References-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780750657242 20160528
- PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT: In-house PR departments and PR consultancies-- Writing reports and proposals-- Managing planned PR programmes-- Appreciation of the situation-- Determining objectives-- Defining publics-- Selecting PR media-- Budgeting-- Assessing results-- MEDIA RELATIONS: Role of the press officer-- Writing news releases-- Writing feature articles-- Presentation of press material-- Organizing PR functions and events-- Broadcast material and opportunities for PR-- Photographs and captions-- Working with the printer-- THE MEDIA OF COMMUNICATION: The press-- Broadcasting-- Overseas Media-- Video and visual aids-- Seminars, meetings and conferences-- House journals-- Exhibitions-- PR literature-- The psychology of communication-- SPECIAL AREAS OF PUBLIC RELATIONS: PR and marketing-- The corporate image and the corporate identity-- Financial public relations-- Internal public relations-- Crisis management-- Sponsorship-- Corporate and issue advertising-- Political and parliamentary public relations-- Pre-selling through market education.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780750615631 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "Public Relations: Contemporary Issues and Techniques" offers a definitive guide to public relations management. It provides comprehensive analysis and explanation of a full range of modern PR techniques, spanning both inhouse and agency practice. The text has involved fundamental restructuring and updating of existing material and the incorporation of the new techniques and strategies, for instance: the use of multimedia techniques in PR; overseas media and the globalization of media communications; and, the latest case examples - notably New Labour's rebranding and media management since 1997, government PR during the 2001 war against Afghanistan, and the 2002 football World Cup. The book presents the core strategies for successful PR combining this with indepth advice on implementation and the everyday techniques that every PR person needs to grasp. With a range of new user-friendly textual features, the book's practical, how-to focus, wedded to firm theoretical analysis, makes it the ideal text for those studying for professionally accredited examinations such as the IPR, CAM and LCCI awards. It is also a useful aide-memoire for all practising PR professionals. It features transcripts of interviews with key individuals involved in Public Relations and offers a dedicated guide to the myriad strategies and techniques involved in PR today. It contains new material reflecting the impact of new technology and the globalisation of media communications.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780750657242 20160528
- This second edition of Frank Jefkins' definitive guide to public relations management has been extensively revised to include references to changes in the 1990's, especially regarding the media, uses of video, new codes of practice, the recent research findings of numerous PR bodies and export implications. 'Public Relations Techniques' gives a comprehensive picture of the role of public relations in commercial and non-commercial organisations. As recipient of the Stephen Tallents Medal of the Institute of Public Relations for 'exceptional achievement in, and contribution to public relations practice' Frank Jefkins is uniquely qualified to write this comprehensive, detailed and practical book covering all aspects of public relations. The new edition now covers the two CAM Diploma PR papers and includes past examination papers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780750615631 20160528
- Publication date
- 0750657243 (pbk.) 075061563X
Browse related items
Start at call number: