1. Synchronic Examination of Ancient Near Eastern Birth Annunciations--
2. Egypt, Ugarit, Hatti, Sumer--
3. Synchronic Examination of Hebrew Bible Birth Annunciations--
4. Isaac and Ishmael - Genesis-- 5 Jacob, Esau, Samson, Solomon--
6. Mission Tour Participants--
7. Comparison of Ancient Near Eastern and Hebrew Bible.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
This is the first book to do an extended comparative study of birth annunciations in the Hebrew Bible and Ancient Near Eastern Mythology. This book takes a structural approach to the Heberw bible and Near Eastern Mythology by compraring and contrasting the various forms and functions. Birth annunciations play an important role in each of these narratives and the author claims that there is a textural overlap to be studied. (source: Nielsen Book Data)