2nd ed. - Washington, DC : American Chemical Society, c1997.
Book — xii, 460 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
1. Writing a Scientific Paper--
2. Poster Presentation, Letters to the Editor, and Press Releases--
3. Grammar, Punctuation, Spelling, and Word Usage--
4. Editorial Style--
5. Numbers, Mathematics, and Units of Measure--
7. Names and Numbers for Chemical Compounds--
8. Conventions in Chemistry, Appendix: Element Symbols, Atomic Numbers, and Atomic Weights--
9. Illustrations and Tables--
10. Peer Review--
11. Copyright and Permissions--
12. Making Effective Oral Presentations-- Appendices I. ACS Publications II. Ethical Guidelines to Publication of Chemical Research III. Proofreaders' Marks.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
The essential desk reference for authors, editors, and publishers of scientific research, the ACS Style Guide is a complete stylistic handbook. Topics include grammar, style, usage, illustrations, tables, lists, and units of measure, as well as the conventions used in chemistry. It also covers numerous related topics, from peer review and copyrights to oral presentations and the ACS ethical guidelines for publication. Lively and practical, this reference will help any chemist communicate effectively. (source: Nielsen Book Data)