- Select "match all" to require all fields. (e.g. Title AND Author)
- Select "match any" to find at least one field. (e.g. Title OR Subject)
- Combine keywords and limits to find specific items.
- Use quotation marks to search as a phrase. (Word-stemming will still be applied to words within the phrase.)
- Use "+" (no space) before a word to make it required.
- Use "-" (no space) before a word or phrase to exclude.
- Use "OR", "AND", and "NOT" (uppercase) to create Boolean logic within a field. You can use parentheses in your complex expressions.
- Use "*" to search a truncated term. (Word-stemming is done automatically.
- Use "?" as a wildcard to replace a character in a word.
- Word-stemming automatically includes plural and singular forms, and common suffix and tense variations.