Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2016.
Book — 1 online resource : illustrations.
1. Introduction: The dynamics of global labour division
2. The field of global trade: IGOs, NGOs and transnational corporations
3. The principles of global trade: The World Trade Organization
4. Development and inequality under the regime of free trade: What do we know?
5. Global labour division, development and inequality-- with Christian Dressel
6. Conclusion: Development and inequality in world society.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
Global free trade is one of the most controversial phenomena of our time. Richard Munch offers a new theory of global labour division to explain deeper transformations in the production and distribution of wealth brought about by global free trade. He then carries out and analyzes empirical investigations based on this theory. (source: Nielsen Book Data)