Fourteenth edition. - Belmont, California : Wadsworth, Cengage Learning, 
Book — xxiii, 392 pages ; 21 cm
Part I: GETTING STARTED.
2. Countdown for Course Preparation.
3. Meeting a Class for the First Time. Part II: BASIC SKILLS FOR FACILITATING STUDENT LEARNING.
4. Reading as Active Learning.
5. Facilitating Discussion.
6. How to Make Lectures More Effective.
7. Assessing, Testing, and Evaluating: Grading Is Not the Most Important Function.
8. Testing: The Details.
9. Good Designs for Written Feedback for Students.
10. Assigning Grades: What Do They Mean? Part III: UNDERSTANDING STUDENTS.
11. Motivation in the College Classroom.
12. Teaching Culturally Diverse Students.
13. Different Students, Different Challenges. Part IV: ADDING TO YOUR REPERTOIRE OF SKILLS AND STRATEGIES FOR FACILITATING ACTIVE LEARNING.
14. Active Learning: Group-Based Learning.
15. Experiential Learning: Case-Based, Problem-Based, and Reality-Based.
16. Using High-Stakes and Low-Stakes Writing to Enhance Learning.
17. Technology and Teaching. Part V: SKILLS FOR USE IN OTHER TEACHING SITUATIONS.
18. Teaching Large Classes (You Can Still Get Active Learning!).
19. Laboratory Instruction: Ensuring an Active Learning Experience. Part VI: TEACHING FOR HIGHER-LEVEL GOALS.
20. Teaching Students How to Become More Strategic and Self-Regulated Learners.
21. Teaching Thinking.
22. The Ethics of Teaching. Part VII: LIFELONG LEARNING FOR A TEACHER.
23. Vitality and Growth Throughout Your Teaching Career. References. Index.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
This indispensable handbook provides helpful strategies for dealing with both the everyday challenges of university teaching and those that arise in efforts to maximize learning for every student. The suggested strategies are supported by research and adaptable to specific classroom situations. Rather than suggest a "set of recipes" to be followed mechanically, the book gives instructors the tools they need to deal with the ever-changing dynamics of teaching and learning. Available with InfoTrac (R) Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac. (source: Nielsen Book Data)