Moskva : Tovarishchestvo nauchnykh izdaniĭ KMK, 2006.
Book — 129 p. : ill., maps ; 21 cm.
"The essay aims to provide a brief historical review and analysis of development marine biological stations established in the North of the European Russia in the last quarter of XIX - the first third of XX century. The present review embraces the period from the foundation of the first northern biological station at the main Solovetskiy Island, White Sea (1881) to the time when the largest biological station in the area during XX century namely - the Biological Station at Dalnie Zelentsyei, East Murman was established (1936-1938). Short characteristics of the main organizers and staff scientists of the stations: N.P. Wagner, V.M. Shimkewitsch, N.M. Knipowitsch, K.M. Derjugin, S.V. Averinzev and H.A. Kluge are presented in the text. A number of photographs unpublished before are illustrated the review"--P. .