A deed written on 7 December 1295 by Francesco, notary of Hostilia ad Arine (district of Padua), from an original written in 1265 by Francesco Bonifacio de Crespo, imperial notary. This is a notarial deed relating to the woodland of Ser Silio of Marino, notarized in the presence of five witnesses. It was written in Padua, a free municipality of the Guelph faction from 1256, the year in which the city came out of the municipality of the Ghibelline lordship of Ezzelino da Romano, through the intervention of the Pope and the Estense family.
An account book for all income and expenditures of gold and resources for the feudal territory of Romsthal, at that time in the possession of the Hessian noble family of Hutten-Stolzenberg, from 1 October 1839 through 1840. Lists expenses of Freiherrl. von Hutten. Maintained by Johann Baptist Ringel, inspector; this is indicated to be the 12th account book. Lined in pencil in columns for payment amounts and receipt numbers; separated by income and expenditure. At the end an appendix "Account of the sheep herd at Romsthal for 1839/40". Test marks in red ink.
Three land lease indentures: 1. Land leased to Coll MacGregor, merchant, by the Protestant Episcopal Church and described in an indenture dated April 20, 1797 as the Church Farm, lot 59, transferred to James Tillery, physician, for 1400 pounds; dated Oct. 14, 1797 and signed by MacGregor, witnessed by John Smith and James Barron. Second page gives church's license to the transaction signed Rich. Harison, clerk. 2. The Church Farm (lot 59) leased to James Tillery, physician, by the Protestant Episcopal Church transferred to Daniel Bowie, merchant, for 600 pounds; dated March 2, 1799 and signed by Tillery, witnessed by Theodore [F.?] Talbot and George [S.?] Harison. Second page gives church's license to the transaction signed Rich. Harison, clerk. 3. Affirms that Daniel Bowie, grocer, paid 650 pounds to the state of New York for the Church Farm (lot 59), as witnessed by John Charlton, church warden, and signed by order of the Corporation, Rich. Harison, clerk. A manuscript note on the back states that 650 pounds were received from Daniel Bowie on May 14, 1799, signed David M. Clarkson, treasurer of the church corporation. Also on the back, a manuscript affidavit by Thomas Cooper, Master in Chancery, dated June 13, 1799, stating that Richard Harison identified the seal of the Corporation on the deed and affirms it has been executed by the Corporation; recorded in the office of the clerk of the city of New York, signed Robt. Benson.
Book — 1 sheet ; 10 x 16 cm. mounted on paper 14 x 21 cm.
Document stating that "the representative of Thomas Drake deced. is entitled to the proportion of land allowed a Lieutenant of the Continental Line for three years service." Signed by Edm. Randolph and T. Meriwether and dated in Council Chamber, November 2, 1787.
This account book, identified on the upper cover as a "Review of things" and as the property of Leonardo, Maria, and one other member of the family, contains detailed descriptions of monies and goods collected, possibly on behalf of the church. The ledger gives detailed descriptions of rents collected for houses and lands, some paid with money, others paid with grain and goods, plus taxes collected, also paid in money and goods. Several notable names appear throughout the ledger, including that of Medici, Piti, and Borgia.
San Jose, California. The corner of Market Street and San Fernando Street in San Jose, with the division of the Mesa family land into six parcels, surrounded by Antonio Sunol and Brown & Co. land. Also shown is an "acequia" which runs along one side of the properties. Commissioners: J.J. Grammont, J.F. Reed, and J. Flournoy. Drawn by "J.F." Dated 1851 on verso.
San Jose, California. "Plot of a part of 'El Rancho del Rincon de los Esteros,' set off to Augustin Alviso de Diaz, by Commissioners appointed by the Probate Court. Surveyed May 3 to 17, 1856. Lucien B. Healy, County Surveror of Santa Clara Co. Plot of partition to heirs of Domingo Alviso, dec'd." Shows route from Alviso to San Jose, a shrub-lined creek, Lick's Mill, and "Land of Ingersol."
Los Gatos, California. "Plat of a portion of the Rancho Rinconada de los Gatos belonging to the estate of Sebastian Peralta. Surveyed May 25th and 26th 1863 by John Reed, county surveyor of Santa Clara County." Shows the lands and house of Sebastian Peralta, the San Tomas road, the house of McCoy, land of Parr and Lovell, and the Alvisa Rancho.