Consists of a dedication leaf, 305 numbered p., and an unnumbered index of 23 p., bound in an 18th cent. leather binding. Each p. consists of a ms. inscription, most signed and dated, with the dates ranging from 1774 to 1784. Inscriptions are in Greek, Latin, German, French, Dutch, Italian and English. A 20th century person writing in German has annotated some of the entries in pencil. He notes on the upper fly-leaf that there are 242 entries, of which 38 are by noteworthy persons. The 1st p. of the index has: "Register ergänzt 2/8 Jan. 1923 G. Meyer." The bookplate of the Janus Foundation San Francisco is mounted on the upper pastedown.