Book — xii, 622 p. : ill. ; 24 cm. + 1 computer disk (3 1/2 in.)
2. Treatment of Data.
4. Probability Distributions.
5. Probability Densities.
6. Sampling Distribution.
7. Inferences Concerning Means.
8. Inferences Concerning Variances.
9. Inferences Concerning Proportions.
10. Nonparametric Tests.
11. Curve Fitting.
12. Analysis of Variance.
13. Factorial Experimentation.
14. The Statistical Content of Quality-Improvement Programs.
15. Applications to Reliability and Life Testing. Bibliography. Statistical Tables. Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises. Index.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
For an introductory, one/two semester, junior/senior level course in Probability and Statistics or Applied Statistics for engineering, physical science, and mathematics students. This example and exercise-rich exploration of both elementary probability and basic statistics places a strong emphasis on engineering and science applications, many using data collected from the author's consulting experience. In later chapters, there is an emphasis on designed experiments, especially two-level factorial design. (source: Nielsen Book Data)