2. The Gifts of Depression as Stages of a Journey;
3. Depression as a Reorientation;
4. Depression as a Search for Meaning;
5. Depression as an Inner Revolution;
6. Depression as a Way of Reclaiming Grief;
7. Depression as Enlightenment: Embracing Emptiness;
8. Depression as an Expansion of the Allowable;
9. Depression as Freedom from Seeking Approval;
10. Depression as an Opening to the Mysterious;
11. In Defense of Defensiveness;
12. Final Thoughts; References; About the Author.
The best-selling author of The Gift of ADHD offers cognitive behavioral and mindfulness strategies for transforming depression into a tool for growth; exploring how depression can point us towards important truths about our selves; and discovering how to use our depression to change our lives in meaningful ways.