Search results

RSS feed for this result

2 results

Digital content
14620 items
Image
40 linear feet
Finding aid
Online Archive of California
The Stanford historical photograph collection, containing over 16,000 images. Series 1, General Photographs, documents the campus and campus life; subjects include athletics, original construction of the campus, individual buildings, students and student life activities, commencement activities, academic departments, and damage from the 1906 earthquake. Series 2, Stanford Family, contains photographs of family members and friends, Stanford residences, the Palo Alto Stock Farm, and the Central Pacific Railroad. Series 3, Biographical Photographs, contains images of faculty and administrative staff. Series 4 contains oversized images and Series 5 contains copy negatives. The majority of photographs are black and white gelatin prints but nineteenth-century albumen prints mounted on boards are also represented. The collection spans the late 1880s through the 1990s.
Special Collections
Archive/Manuscript
400 items (approx.), 3 volumes
Finding aid
Online Archive of California
The maps in this collection pertain to the University campus, to other lands owned by Jane and Leland Stanford or the University, and to adjacent communities. Included are maps of the Palo Alto Stock Farm, the land in Santa Clara County that Leland and Jane Stanford purchased as a country home and trotting horse farm which later became the campus of Stanford University; plans for the proposed campus by F. L. Olmsted & Company; miscellaneous campus maps for planting schemes, location of the Peninsular Railway line on campus, plans for Junipero Serra Boulevard, and housing subdivisions; maps of adjacent communities of Mayfield, Woodside, Palo Alto, and Menlo Park along with other subjects such as San Francisquito Creek, Searsville Lake, and Greystone Quarry. There are also three map books: a small volume concerning assorted lands owned by the Stanfords, c. 1869-1903; a block book for the campus, 1901-1903; and insurance maps for the campus, 1917.
Special Collections