Philadelphia : Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, c1997.
Book — xvi, 455 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Multidisciplinary design optimization (MDO) is used for the design of complex, coupled engineering systems, the behaviour of which is determined by interacting subsystems. This book assesses developments in MDO, identifies practical needs and opportunities and investigates research directions. (source: Nielsen Book Data) 9780898713596 20160527
1. Introduction to Wavelets and their Application to Partial Differential Equations--
2. Wavelets from Filter Banks--
3. Wavelets, Functions, and Operators--
4. Wavelets, Multiresolution Analysis, and Fast Numerical Algorithms--
5. Some Wavelet Algorithms for Partial Differential Equations--
6. Wavelet Algorithms for Turbulence Analysis and Modeling--
7. Wavelet Analysis of Fractals: from the Mathematical Concepts to Experimental Reality.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
Wavelets are spatially localised functions whose amplitude drops off exponentially outside a small 'window'. They are used to magnify experimental or numerical data and have become powerful tools in signal processing, image processing, and other fields of computational sciences. This book is a collection of chapters written by the five lecturers of a short course co-sponsored by the Institute of Computer Applications in Science and Engineering (ICASE). (source: Nielsen Book Data) 9780195094237 20160528