Book — 1 online resource (xix, 356 pages,  pages of plates) : illustrations (some color), maps Digital: data file.
Illustrations Maps Acknowledgments Author's Note Prologue Part One:
1. Jerusalem and the Eastern Mediterranean before the Crusades
2. The Scene Is Set: Western Europe before the First Crusade
3. The First Crusade: From the Siege of Nicaea to the Triumph at Jerusalem Part Two:
4. Baldwin I and the Early Years of the Latin Kingdom
5. From the Reign of Baldwin II to the End of the Second Crusade
6. Life in Outremer to the Fall of Jerusalem Part Three:
7. The Changing Ideology of Crusading in the Thirteenth Century
8. Storm Clouds Gather over the East
9. The New Frontiers of Crusading and the Last Years in the East Epilogue Appendices: Chronology of the Crusades Lists of Rulers List of Credits A Selected Bibliography of the Crusades Index.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
In Sacred Violence, Jill N. Claster brings new insight and focus to the history of the crusades. The book includes an 8-page color insert of illustrations, 12 maps, over 25 black-and-white illustrations, a chronology of the crusades, and a list of rulers. (source: Nielsen Book Data)