Book — 1 online resource (ix, 542 pages) : color illustrations.
1. General overview and preliminaries
2. Medieval synonym lists in Hebrew characters
3. Shem Tov's synonym lists in the Sefer ha-Shimmush
4. How Shem Tov's synonym lists were compiled
5. The vernacular element
6. The edition and the commentary Bibliography Plates EDITION OF SEFER HA-SHIMMUSH, BOOK 28, SYNONYM LIST 1.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
This critical edition and lexicological analysis of the first of the two glossaries of Book 29 of Shem Tov ben Isaac's Sefer ha-Shimmush contains more than 700 entries and offfers an extensive overview of the formation of medieval medical terminology in the romance (Old Occitan and in part Old Catalan) and Hebrew languages, as well as within the Arabic and Latin tradition. (source: Nielsen Book Data)