Book — 1 online resource (xxvi, 565 pages) : illustrations. Digital: data file.
pt. I. Introduction and methodology
1. Programme aid and the international financial institutions
2. The evaluation of programme aid: a methodological framework
pt. II. Case studies
3. Development by default: programme aid to Bangladesh / Howard N. White, A. Geske Dijkstra and Jan Kees Van Donge
4. Supporting success: economic growth in Cape Verde in the early 1990s
5. Politics and partnership in Ghana in the 1980s, with reference to co-financing as a bilateral aid instrument / Howard N. White, A. Geske Dijkstra and Nii Sowa
6. From rehabilitation to recovery: Mozambique in the 1990s
7. Aid, debt and dependence: programme aid in Nicaragua.
This important contribution to the literature on development economics analyses the effectiveness of programme aid - i.e. aid that is not given in the form of projects. Using real world examples from countries such as Nicaragua, Tanzania, and Vietnam this book deals with one of the core issues in development economics today. (source: Nielsen Book Data)