Book — x, 214 p.,  p. of plates : col. ill., col. maps ; 26 cm.
List of Maps Note on Contributor
1. Introduction: Illegal Trades Across National Borders 2.Drug Trafficking In and Out of the Golden Triangle
3. Trafficking, Trade and Migration: Mapping Human Trafficking in the Mekong Region
4. Arms Trafficking in Mainland Southeast Asia
5. The Jagged Edge: Illegal Logging in Southeast Asia
6. The Illegal Trade in Wildlife in Southeast Asia and its Links to East Asian Markets
7. The Trade in Counterfeit Goods and Contraband in Mainland Southeast Asia and Its Links to East Asian Markets
8. The Trade in Counterfeit Goods and Contraband in Mainland Southeast Asia Notes Index.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
Mainland Southeast Asia is one of the world's key regions for trafficking of illegal goods. It is home to an international trade in small arms, nuclear smuggling rings, human trafficking, contraband and counterfeit goods, illicit currency and smuggled medicinal drugs. The scope and mechanisms of such trafficking, however, are far from understood. "An Atlas of Trafficking in Southeast Asia" brings together key researchers and cartographic specialists to provide a unique overview of the major forms of illegal trafficking in the region. Featuring 32 specially drawn full-colour maps detailing the trafficking hubs, counter-trafficking facilities and border status for each of the trafficking activities, together with political, historical, topographic, ecological and linguistic regional maps, the atlas provides an unparalleled reference resource that will be welcomed by professionals and academics across a wide range of disciplines. (source: Nielsen Book Data) 9781848858152 20160611