Boulder, Colo. : Geological Society of America, 2012.
Book — v, 156 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 28 cm. + 2 col. maps on 2 folded sheets.
Introduction to Grand Canyon geology / Karl E. Karlstrom, J. Michael Timmons, and Laura J. Crossey
1. Vishnu basement rocks of the upper Granite Gorge : continent formation 1.84 to 1.66 billion years ago / Karl E. Karlstrom, Bradley R. Ilg, David Hawkins, Michael L. Williams, Gregory Dumond, Kevin Mahan, and Samuel A. Bowring
2. The Grand Canyon Unkar group : Mesoproterozoic basin formation in the continental interior during supercontinent assembly / J. Michael Timmons, John Bloch, Kathryn Fletcher, Karl E. Karlstrom, Matt Heizler, and Laura J. Crossey
3. The Neoproterozoic earth system revealed from the Chuar group of Grand Canyon / Carol M. Dehler, Susannah M. Porter, and J. Michael Timmons
4. Many unconformities make one "Great Unconformity" / Karl E. Karlstrom and J. Michael Timmons
5. Geologic history and paleogeography of Paleozoic and early Mesozoic sedimentary rocks, eastern Grand Canyon, Arizona / Ronald C. Blakey and Larry T. Middleton
6. Faulting and uplift in the Grand Canyon region / Karl E. Karlstrom and J. Michael Timmons
7. The Laramide and post-Laramide uplift and erosional history of the eastern Grand Canyon : evidence from apatite fission-track thermochronology / Shari A. Kelley and Karl E. Karlstrom
8. A review of the Quaternary geomorphology of eastern Grand Canyon / Joel L. Pederson
9. Travertines and travertine springs in eastern Grand Canyon : what they tell us about groundwater, paleoclimate, and incision of Grand Canyon / Laura J. Crossey and Karl E. Karlstrom
Afterword / Karl E. Karlstrom, Laura J. Crossey, and J. Michael Timmons.
Woods Hole, Mass. : U.S. Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, Woods Hole Science Center, 2006.
Map — 1 DVD-ROM : col. ; 4 3/4 in.
"The geologic maps and geospatial data in this report show the distribution of bottom types, water depths, and sediment thickness over a large area of seafloor between Nahant to Gloucester, Massachusetts"--DVD-ROM insert.
Contains maps and datasets showing bedrock geology and coal resources for the Kersey quadrangle in north-central Pennsylvania, comprising parts of Elk and Clearfield Counties, as well as a PDF file containing descriptive text.