AMERICÆ Descriptio Nova
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Seile, Anne, -1678 (creator)
- Based on Speed's map of 1626.
- State 2
- 1663, issued by his widow, Anae Seile, with some change to location of place names (Entry 35). Changed title: AMERICÆ Nova descriptio Impensis ANÆ SEILE. Engraved by: Rob. Vaughn sculp (lower right). Cape Mendocino is now placed below the island of St. Clement and C Martin inserted between C de St. Sebastian and Po S Fra Drake. I Hatorash is omitted on the east coast
- Statement of responsibility
- Impensis ANÆ SEILE.
- Wagner 368; Tooley 11, 12, & 13; Leighly 24 (Plate VIII); Burden 308 (Plate 308) & 379 (Plate 379); UCB; Wheat 55
- Original McLaughlin Book Number (1995 edition)
- Updated McLaughlin Book Number
- Updated McLaughlin book number with latest state information
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection courtesy Stanford University Libraries. Images may be reproduced or transmitted, but not for commercial use. For commercial use or commercial republication, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Property rights reside with the repository. Copyright © Stanford University. All Rights Reserved.