AMERICA with those known parts in that unknowne worlde both people and manner of buildings Discribed and inlarged by I.S.Ano.1626
- Type of resource
- [London] : Thomas Bassett and by Richard Chiswell
- Date created
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Speed, John, 1552?-1629 (creator)
- State 4
- , "are to be sold by Thomas Bassett in Fleet Street, and by Richard Chiswell in St. Paul's Churchyard." The text on verso is rewritten and there is no fleuron heading. Map is still dated 1626. Issued in his: The Theatre of Great Britaine, London, 1676.
- LC 442 and 488; Wagner 301b; Wheat 39; Tooley 2, 3, 4, 5 (Plate 27); Leighly 6 (Plate IV); UCB; Goss (Plate 25); Burden 217 (Plate 217); Clancy (Map 7.6).
- California with flat northern coast and with place names mostly taken from Brigg's map. Inset: The northerly part of America (upper left). The borders of the map on the top contain plans of towns and on the sides figures of the inhabitants of different countries. Text on verso paged 9 and 10. Engraved by: Abraham Goos Amstelodamiensis Sculpsit (lower right).
- Original McLaughlin Book Number (1995 edition)
- Original McLaughlin book number (1995 edition) with latest state information
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection courtesy Stanford University Libraries. Images may be reproduced or transmitted, but not for commercial use. For commercial use or commercial republication, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Property rights reside with the repository. Copyright © Stanford University. All Rights Reserved.