Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Statement of responsibility
- Petrus Kaerius caelav., anno Do 1646.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- California shown as an island with flat northern coast and few place names: C. Blanco, Pa.d.los Rey, P.d. Carinde, St. Clement, I. de Paxaros, I. de Ceintas, S. Thomas.
- Issued in Prospect of the most famous parts of the world. London : Printed by M.F. for William Humble, 1646. p. 45.
- Place names in English; author statement in Latin.
- Local note
- McLaughlin map number 8.
- Referenced by
- Leighly, 178
- Burden, 268 (Plate 268)
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection courtesy Stanford University Libraries. Images may be reproduced or transmitted, but not for commercial use. For commercial use or commercial republication, contact email@example.com.
- Property rights reside with the repository. Copyright © Stanford University. All Rights Reserved.