Novissima et Accuratissima TOTIUS AMERICÆ DESCRIPTIO
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Ogilby, John, 1600-1676 (creator)
- Engraved by: F. Lamb, Sculp (lower right).
- Wagner 404; Tooley 35 (Plate 42).
- Place names in Latin.
- Based on Visscher map; California as an island with flat northern coast. "Strate Anian" and "Anian" to north.
- Figured title cartouche in lower left; Top left cartouche mentions Anthony Ashley; both fully colored.
- Statement of responsibility
- per JOHANEM OGILUIUM Cosmographum Regium [John Ogilby].
- Original McLaughlin Book Number (1995 edition)
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection courtesy Stanford University Libraries. Images may be reproduced or transmitted, but not for commercial use. For commercial use or commercial republication, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Property rights reside with the repository. Copyright © Stanford University. All Rights Reserved.