- Type of resource
- London : Ogilby, John, 1600-1676
- Date created
- Map data
- Scale in German miles ; (W 18°8′--E 16°26′/N 23°2′--S 9°23′)
The collection contains 312 maps of Africa and its islands collected by Oscar I. Norwich, and includes sea charts and maps of Southern Africa; the Cape of Good Hope; North, East, and West Africa; islands, ports, and town plans. The majority of the maps are loose items, but a certain number are from rare, published atlases; a few were published in travel books.
- Ogilby, John, 1600-1676 (creator)
- The cartouche contains an oval-shapped title surrounded by angels. Interior contains small animals and towns. A partial compass rose radiates rhumb lines. Calligraphy appears similar to Blaeu.
- Norwich, I., Pam Kolbe, and Jeffrey C Stone. Norwich's Maps of Africa: An Illustrated and Annotated Carto-Bibliography. 2nd ed. / rev. and edited by Jeffrey C. Stone. Norwich, Vt.: Terra Nova Press, 1997, map 0318, p. 363
- Dr. Oscar I. Norwich
- Norwich ID
- NOR 0318
- Use and reproduction
- To obtain permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the Special Collections Public Services Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Property rights reside with the repository. Copyright © Stanford University. All Rights Reserved.