Probabilistic group theory, combinatorics, and computing : lectures from the Fifth de Brún Workshop
- London : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 107 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in mathematics (Springer-Verlag) 2070.
QA3 .L28 V.2070
- Unknown QA3 .L28 V.2070
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Probabilistic and Asymptotic Aspects of Finite Simple Groups / Martin W. Liebeck
- Estimation Problems and Randomised Group Algorithms / Alice C. Niemeyer, Cheryl E. Praeger
- Designs, Groups and Computing / Leonard H. Soicher.
- Publisher's Summary
- Probabilistic Group Theory, Combinatorics and Computing is based on lecture courses held at the Fifth de Brun Workshop in Galway, Ireland in April 2011. Each course discusses computational and algorithmic aspects that have recently emerged at the interface of group theory and combinatorics, with a strong focus on probabilistic methods and results. The courses served as a forum for devising new strategic approaches and for discussing the main open problems to be solved in the further development of each area. The book represents a valuable resource for advanced lecture courses. Researchers at all levels are introduced to the main methods and the state-of-the-art, leading up to the very latest developments. One primary aim of the book's approach and design is to enable postgraduate students to make immediate use of the material presented.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Alla Detinko, Dane Flannery, Eamonn O'Brien, editors.
- Title Variation
- Groups, combinatorics, computing
- Lecture notes in mathematics, 1617-9692 ; 2070
- Lectures presented at the Fifth "de Brún workshop, " entitled Groups, combinatorics, computing, held at National University of Ireland, Galway, April 11-16, 2011.
- Available in another form
- Online version: Probabilistic group theory, combinatorics, and computing. London : Springer, c2013 9781447148142 (OCoLC)824522021