Stability and bifurcation theory for non-autonomous differential equations : Cetraro, Italy 2011
- Capietto, Anna.
- Heidelberg ; New York : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- ix, 303 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
Lecture notes in mathematics (Springer-Verlag) 2065.
Lecture notes in mathematics (Springer-Verlag) C.I.M.E foundation subseries.
QA3 .L28 V.2065
- Unknown QA3 .L28 V.2065
- Includes bibliographical references.
- The Maslov Index and Global Bifurcation for Nonlinear Boundary Value Problems / Alberto Boscaggin, Anna Capietto
- Discrete-Time Nonautonomous Dynamical Systems / P. E. Kloeden, C. Pötzsche, M. Rasmussen
- Resonance Problems for Some Non-autonomous Ordinary Differential Equations / Jean Mawhin
- Non-autonomous Functional Differential Equations and Applications / Sylvia Novo, Rafael Obaya
- Twist Mappings with Non-Periodic Angles / Markus Kunze, Rafael Ortega.
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume contains the notes from five lecture courses devoted to nonautonomous differential systems, in which appropriate topological and dynamical techniques were described and applied to a variety of problems. The courses took place during the C.I.M.E. Session "Stability and Bifurcation Problems for Non-Autonomous Differential Equations, " held in Cetraro, Italy, June 19-25 2011. Anna Capietto and Jean Mawhin lectured on nonlinear boundary value problems; they applied the Maslov index and degree-theoretic methods in this context. Rafael Ortega discussed the theory of twist maps with nonperiodic phase and presented applications. Peter Kloeden and Sylvia Novo showed how dynamical methods can be used to study the stability/bifurcation properties of bounded solutions and of attracting sets for nonautonomous differential and functional-differential equations. The volume will be of interest to all researchers working in these and related fields.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Anna Capietto ... [et al.] ; editors, Russell Johnson, Maria Patrizia Pera.
- Lecture notes in mathematics ; 2065. CIME foundation subseries
- Available in another form
- Online version: Stability and bifurcation theory for non-autonomous differential equations. Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2013 9783642329067 (OCoLC)822978428