- Publication date:
- Expanded ed. - New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 1998.
- xvi, 518 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 483-484) and index.
- Appetizers from herring to hummus
- Breads, bagels, and biscochos
- Jewish soups and their dumplings
- Fish from gefilte to grouper
- Meat: cholent, briskets, and albondigas
- Chicken, goose, quail, and their stuffings
- Vegetables and salads from leeks to latkes
- Grains and dairy delights
- Desserts: cakes and kuchen
- Cookies, candy, and fruit desserts
- Drinks from seltzer to California kosher
- Passover tastes and traditions
- New recipes
- Kosher dry wines
- Glossary of Jewish terms
Traces three centuries of Jewish-American culinary history, with more than three hundred kosher recipes, a historical overview, and an explanation of dietary laws.
- Available in another form:
Online version: Nathan, Joan. Jewish cooking in America. Expanded ed. New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 1998 (OCoLC)606613184
Knopf cooks American.