Sittig's Handbook of Toxic and Hazardous Chemicals and Carcinogens [electronic resource].
- Pohanish, Richard P.
- 6th ed.
- Burlington : Elsevier Science, 2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (3069 p.)
- Front Cover; Sittig's Handbook of Toxic and Hazardous Chemicals and Carcinogens; Contents; Key to Abbreviations, Symbols, and Acronyms; Pesticide Records A to Z; General Guide to Chemical Resistant Gloves.
- Publisher's Summary
- For more than a quarter century, "Sittig's Handbook of Toxic and Hazardous Chemicals and Carcinogens" has proven to be among the most reliable, easy-to-use and essential reference works on hazardous materials. Sittig's 5th Edition remains the lone comprehensive work providing a vast array of critical information on the 2,100 most heavily used, transported, and regulated chemical substances of both occupational and environmental concern. Information is the most vital resource anyone can have when dealing with potential hazardous substance accidents or acts of terror. Sittig's provides extensive data for each of the 2,100 chemicals in a uniform format, enabling fast and accurate decisions in any situation. The chemicals are presented alphabetically and classified as a carcinogen, hazardous substance, hazardous waste, or toxic pollutant. This new edition contains extensively expanded information in all 28 fields for each chemical (see table of contents) and has been updated to keep pace with world events. Chemicals classified as WMD have been included in the new edition as has more information frequently queried by first responders and frontline industrial safety personnel. Sittig's Handbook is a globally recognized reference source, providing full listings of the 2,000 most common hazardous chemicals - making it the essential handbook for first-line response to chemical spills and day-to-day chemical plant reference. Entries have a full range of synonyms for each chemical, including trade names, to avoid confusion and enable quick and accurate location of the right information. Authoritative and frequently updated, Sittig provides a fully accurate source of information that engineers and emergency response services look to as a highly dependable reference both for emergencies and day-to-day engineering decisions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Available in another form
- Print version: Pohanish, Richard P. Sittig's Handbook of Toxic and Hazardous Chemicals and Carcinogens Burlington : Elsevier Science, c2011 9781437778694