The great book robbery [videorecording]
- English, Hebrew. In English and Hebrew; with English sub-titles.
- [Amsterdam] : 2911 Foundation : Xela Films, c2012.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (57 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- "The Great book robbery tells the story of 70,000 Palestinian books that were looted by the newly created state of Israel in 1948....The intervews center on eyewitness acounts and cultural critiques that place the book plunder affair in a larger historical-cultural context"--Liner.
- Israel-Arab War, 1948-1949 > Confiscations and claims.
- Arab-Israeli conflict > History.
- Palestinian Arabs > Israel > History > 20th century.
- Palestinian Arabs.
- Palestine > History.
- Cultural property > Palestine.
- Cultural property > Israel.
- Books > Palestine.
- Books > Israel.
- Publication date
- a co-production [of] 2911 Foundation [and] Xela Films in association with Al Jazeera English.
- Based on research done by Gish Amit for his Ph.D.
- Production Credits
- Director, Benny Brunner ; co-producers, Leon and Tinus Willems ; photography, Eytan Harris, Nadav Harel, and Yoram Porath ; editor, Noam Knoller ; original music composed and performed by Daniel Dworsky and Jasmin Klinger.
- 1 videodisc.