Fostering success of ethnic and racial minorities in STEM : the role of minority serving institutions
- New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxii, 240 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
Q183.3 .A1 F675 2013
- Unknown Q183.3 .A1 F675 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Charting the course : the role of minority serving institutions in facilitating : the success of underrepresented racial minority students in STEM / Robert T. Palmer, Dina C. Maramba, State University of New York, Binghamton, Marybeth Gasman, University of Pennsylvania, Katherine D. J. Lloyd, Morgan State University
- Minority-serving institutions and STEM : charting the landscape / Frances K. Stage, Valerie C. Lundy-Wagner, Ginelle John, New York University
- Impact of institutional climates of MSIS and their ability to foster success for racial and ethnic minority students in STEM / Terrell L. Strayhorn, The Ohio State University
- Chaper four engineering the academic success of racial and ethnic minority students at minority serving institutions via student-faculty interactions and mentoring / Darnell Cole, Araceli Espinoza, University of Southern California
- Model programs for STEM student success at minority serving two-year colleges / Soko S. Starobin, Iowa State University, Dimitra Jackson, Texas Tech University, Frankie Santos Laanan, Iowa State University
- Teaching to teach : African American faculty, HBCUs, and critical pedagogy / Roland W. Mitchell, Louisiana State University, T. Elon Dancy II, University of Oklahoma, Dana Hart, Berlisha Morton, Louisiana State University
- Supporting the dream : the role of faculty members at historically black colleges and universities in promoting STEM Ph.D. education / Shannon Gray, Drexel University
- Academic and social integration for students of color in STEM : examining differences between HBCUs and non-hbcus / Idara Essien-Wood, Ashford University, J. Luke Wood, San Diego State University
- Community building minority serving institutions and how they influence students pursuing undergraduate STEM degrees / Alonzo M. Flowers, Rosa M. Banda, Texas A & M University
- Broadening participation in STEM : policy implications of a diverse higher education system / Lorelle L. Espinosa, University of California, Los Angeles, Carlos Rodriguez, University of Arizona
- Action research : an essential practice for 21st century assessment at HSIs / Alicia C. Dowd, Misty Sawatzky, Raquel M. Rall, and Estela Mara Bensimon, University of Southern California
- Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander serving-institutions (AANAPISIS) : mutable sites for science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) degree production / Robert T. Teranishi, New York University, Dina C. Maramba, State University of New York, Binghamton, Minh Hoa Ta, City College of San Francisco
- Collaborative partnerships in engineering between historically black colleges and universities and predominantly white institutions / Christopher B. Newman, University of San Diego, M. Bryant Jackson, University of Southern California
- Cultivating engineering student success at an historically black college and university (HBCU) : an empirical study on development / Kenneth Taylor, Morgan State University, Robert T. Palmer, State University of New York, Binghamton
- Achieving equity within and beyond STEM : toward a new generation of scholarship in STEM education / Juan C. Garibay, University of California, Los Angeles.
- Science > Study and teaching (Higher) > United States.
- Engineering > Study and teaching (Higher) > United States.
- Technology > Study and teaching (Higher) > United States.
- Mathematics > Study and teaching (Higher) > United States.
- Minority college students > Recruiting > United States.
- Minorities > Education (Higher) > United States.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Edited by Robert T. Palmer, Dina C. Maramba, and Marybeth Gasman.