- Detroit, MI : Greenhaven Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- 218 p. : col. ill., col. map ; 24 cm.
- Opposing viewpoints series (Unnumbered)
- Berlatsky, Noah.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 205-207) and index.
- ch. 1. What is the state Of Cuba? Cuba is moving toward capitalist economic liberalization / Ted Piccone
- Cuba is moving toward a more flexible socialism, not toward capitalism / Marce Cameron
- Cuba continues to violate human rights / Human Rights Watch
- Cuba's government works to advance health and education / Jonathan Glennie
- Cubans accept, adapt to their iron-hard lives / Frank Barnako
- Cubans do not accept their low standard of living / Amelia Rosenberg Weinreb
- ch. 2. What is Cuba's relationship with the world? Moscow-Havana ties worry US / Paul Richter
- Cuba's ties with Russia are not a danger to the United States / Evgenij Haperskij
- Where do revolutionary doctors come from? / Steve Brouwer
- Venezuelan aid has helped Cuba's economy / Marc Frank
- Many Venezuelans resent Cuban aid and influence / The Economist
- Canada should establish closer relations with Cuba / Peter McKenna
- Canada should focus on human rights in Cuba / John Geddes
- ch. 3. What is the relationship between Cuba policy and US domestic politics? Cuba is a security threat to the United States / James M. Roberts
- Don't lump Cuba with Iran on US terror list / Jeffrey Goldberg
- Cuban Americans may be moving away from the Republican Party / Alex Leary
- Cuban American voters continue to support Republican candidates / Benjamin G. Bishin and Casey A. Klofstad
- ch. 4. What should be the US policy toward Cuba? The United States must maintain the embargo against Cuba / Humberto Fontova
- VN supports UN call for end of embargo against Cuba / Vietnamese News Agency
- US policy toward Cuba is rooted in domestic politics / Ronald Sanders
- The United States should give Guantanamo Bay back to Cuba / Julia E. Sweig
- Beneath the US obsession with Cuba / George Friedman
- The trial of the Cuban Five was unjust / Amnesty International
- The imprisonment of the Cuban Five is just / Matt Lawrence and Thomas Van Hare.
- "Opposing Viewpoints: Cuba: Opposing Viewpoints is the leading source for libraries and classrooms in need of current-issue materials. The viewpoints are selected from a wide range of highly respected sources and publications"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Noah Berlatsky, book editor.
- Opposing viewpoints series