Foreigners, refugees, or minorities? : rethinking people in the context of border controls and visas
- Farnham, Surrey ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2013.
- Physical description
- xiv, 258 p. ; 24 cm.
DX205 .F67 2013
- Unknown DX205 .F67 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -252) and index.
- Introduction: International relations, citizenship and minority discrimination : setting the scene / Elspeth Guild and Sergio Carrera
- When Montesquieu goes transnational : the Roma as an excuse, visas as preventive logic, judges as sites of resistance / Didier Bigo
- Czech and Hungarian Roma exodus to Canada : how to distinguish between unbearable destitution and unbearable persecution / Judit Tóth
- Roma and racial discrimination : the jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights / Claude Cahn
- Legal modernities : conceptual transformations around the management of human mobility in international relations / Maria Koblanck
- The Canada-Czech Republic visa affair : a test for visa reciprocity and fundamental rights in the European Union / Alejandro Eggenschwiler
- Asymmetric borders : the Canada-Czech Republic "visa war" and the question of rights / Mark B. Salter and Can E. Mutlu
- State protection of the Czech Roma and the Canadian refugee system / Marina Caparini
- EU visa and border control policies : what roles for security and reciprocity? / Annalisa Meloni
- The US visa waiver program and the non-inclusion of all EU member states against the EU principles of solidarity and reciprocity / Katherine Rozmus
- Reframing the EU visa cooperation with third countries : policy convergence in the visa liberalization process in Eastern Europe / Raül Hernández i Sagrera
- Fundamental rights and the extra-territorialization of EU border policy : a contradiction in terms? / Leonhard den Hertog
- Bordering at the window : the allocation of Schengen visas at the Italian Embassy and Consulate in Morocco / Federica Infantino.
- Romanies > Government policy > Canada > Case studies.
- Romanies > Legal status, laws, etc. > Canada > Case studies.
- Refugees > Government policy > Canada > Case studies.
- Canada > Foreign relations > Czech Republic.
- Czech Republic > Foreign relations > Canada.
- Border security > Canada.
- Border security > European Union countries.
- Visas > European Union countries.
- Publication date
- edited by Didier Bigo, Elspeth Guild, Sergio Carrera.